Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful response

A friend asked the other day what I am joyful for, thankful for, or praying about. Here's my response to her. I wanted to document it for when I am going through the whineys.


What I am joyful, thankful or praying about huh?

I am joyful about deeper connections with new friends.

I am thankful that Cale is too normal to qualify for the TAB program at school.

I am thankful for a father in law who is willing to babysit my kids at the last minute because the babysitter flaked.

I am thankful for a daddy who called to check on me and see how my meeting went.

I am so very thankful that Jesus took on the role of sacrifice so that I could have the tremendous privilege of direct access to The Father's throne.

I am thankful for a husband who adores me and spoils me and yet continues to challenge me to be a better person.

I am thankful that my family is healthy.

I am thankful that my husband has a job.

I am thankful for my extended family who love me like one of their own.

I am thankful for my mom and her unconditional love for me. Especially when we don't see eye to eye.

I am thankful for emotional healing.

I am thankful for my mother in law who loves me like her own daughter and delights in helping me clean.

I am thankful for June and the hard decision she made to carry me full term and then give up her rights to me so I could have a better life.

I am thankful for sisters in law who let me get away with being me.

I am thankful for people in my life who will drop everything to pray with and for me.

I am thankful for my children who, without even knowing it, draw me closer to God by their very presence.

I am thankful for a God who sings over me.

I am thankful for Grandma Chris and the love and warmth she gave her family.

I am thankful for godly heritage to pass down to my children.

I'm thankful that when I get off the computer there will be a nice hot cup of coffee waiting.

And just for Barb...

I'm thankful for fantastic physical chemistry and intimacy with my husband and even more thankful that God takes delight in that too.



This is the short list, I could go on for days and plan to when that day comes.

No comments: