Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bug makes me laugh

Day 08 – A picture that makes you laugh.

This is my daughter, Bug.  Pictures of her always make me laugh.  She cannot make a nice, smiling, posed face to save her life.  Bug makes funny faces in all her pictures. 

Bug and I struggle with our relationship because we are so much alike.  I want to save her from all the mistakes I made,  the things I don't like about her are the things I don't like in myself.
* lack of focus
* penchant toward silliness
* unmotivated to get work done
* has a hard time taking responsibility for her own actions
* overly dramatic

But the things I love about her are also the things I love about me.
* loves people
* creative
* can talk about anything
* mischievous
*  willing to try new things

And the thing I love the most about Bug?  That she genuinely cares about other people.  She is a nurturer at heart and will not only make a great mom someday, but she will make a great adult in whatever her chosen field is because she really does care about people and taking care of them.

No comments: