Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I need to have a talk with her

Day 06 – A picture of a person you’d love to trade places with for a day.

Though I often complain about my life there is no one else I would rather be.  Life has taught me that no one has it all together no matter how good they look.  If someone isn't in the middle of a major life lesson than they are on the cusp of one.  We are always growing, learning, and changing.  But if I were held at gun point and told to pick one person to trade a day with it would be myself at 15.

First things first, girl, that hair has got to go.  The 80's are over, deal with it.  Embrace who you are, and stop trying so hard to fit in.  The best thing about you as an adult is that you don't fit into a mold. 

Work harder.  It's worth it.  You will regret not going out for the basketball team, joining track, and staying on the fringes.  No guts, no glory.  Don't be afraid to try new things.  Take an art class, trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.

None of the boys you thought you loved in high school will be any part of your adult life.  God is going to bring you an amazing man who completes you in every way.  Stop wasting your time thinking about boys and focus on your dreams and your interests.

You are going to make a lousy teacher, but a great Mary Kay consultant.  You will never, ever, truly be organized, but you will always find time for people.  You will learn to like mushrooms.  Keep an open mind and an open heart.  There are so many things you are going to learn to love that you don't even understand right now.

There are so many things I wish I could go back and say to me at 15.  I need to have a talk with her. 

No comments: