Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Way Behind

I haven't forgotten, I promise.  I have been living life instead of just writing about it.  So, to get things back on track for the 31 day photo challenge.  Here is day 10- a picture of someone you do the most messed up things with.  Finding a picture of this person proved to be harder than I imagined.  You would think with all the technology at my fingertips it would be a lot easier.  But it turns out that neither of my scanners is currently compatible with any of my computers.  So I was forced to locate a digital image of her.

 This is my best buddy, Manda.  We met as young girls at summer camp when we were 10.  I'm not telling you exactly how long it's been but I will say that I have known her for more than 20 years.  She has seen me at my best and at my worst.  She has counseled me through many a broken heart.  She knows things about me that I have forgotten. And she knows the me that is silly and has no responsibility. 

Manda is beautiful, loyal, sweet, thoughtful, hard working, busy, playful and fun.  She lives in what feels like another world.  I miss her dreadfully, but I love that we can always pick up right where we left off. 

You may have heard the saying, "make new friends but keep the old; one is silver, the other gold."  That's my Manda, she's pure gold.

1 comment:

mrs.stinnett said...

I agree that she is pure gold!!!